When working on a farm, communicate with the farmer as the main point of contact, listen to how they would approach a particular job and fit into their way of working.
- Communicate with the farmer and ask them to describe the work
- Wear enclosed footwear.
- Wear appropriate clothing such as hats, shirts with sleeves and sunscreen while outdoors
- Carry a first aid kit
- Know who has first aid certificates
- Remember to remain hydrated
- Use correct safety gear for the work you are doing.
- Inspect the worksite before you start work and monitoring it during your work day
Working with Animals
- Avoid areas with long grass when possible as this is where snakes might be.
- Proceed with caution into cupboards, under benches and areas where insects or snakes might be
- Report any sightings/incidents of dangerous animals.
- Do not touch animals without supervision from the farmer.
- If a gate is open then leave it open.
- If a gate is closed then leave it closed once you have passed through.